This Asian inspired dish is sure to please. The taste is there and this recipe is designed not to be too sweet or sticky but if you want it to be sweeter just add more sweetener and if you like more sauce on yours, just double the sauce recipe. Also to finish this meal off, add side of of broccoli or cauliflower rice! Try out this lemon chicken with sesame seeds meal.
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken
- 2/3 cup of chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp of sweetener
- 4 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbp Lemon Zest
- 3 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce (check the ingredients to make sure its keto friendly)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Coconut oil for pan frying
Coating for Chicken
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 2 egg whites (beaten)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken in to bite size chunks.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken.
- In a gallon size bag add your almond flour and salt and pepper.
- In a bowl have beaten egg whites ready and toss the chicken in egg white
- Then toss the egg white covered chicken into the bag with almond flour mix and shake until coated on all sides. Do a few chicken pieces at a time.
- In a frying pan heat your oil to medium heat.
- Once all pieces are covered place chicken into the pan and cook until your pieces are nice and golden brown. Chicken must be cooked to a safe temperature of 165 degrees.
- Continue this process until all your chicken has been cooked.
- Place a sauce pan over medium heat and add in your chicken stock, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, ginger, sesame oil, sweetener and soy sauce
- Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring often.
- Once it has began to boil, reduce the heat to simmer and let the sauce reduce for 10 minutes.
- Put all chicken and sauce into a large bowl,add sesame seeds and mix well until all chicken is well covered
- Serve and enjoy!